About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

X is for Xenophobia

I cannot explain why, but when thinking of words that begin with the letter ‘X’, the word xenophobia was the first word that popped into my head.  I’ve never actually met anyone who has xenophobia – probably because they would be too scared to meet me!

Anyway, the weirdness of the word got me researching and I came across a whole host of phobias beginning with the letter X.  Here they are below:

Xanthophobia: Fear of the colour yellow or the word yellow.

Xenoglossophobia: Fear of foreign languages.

Xenophobia: Fear of strangers or foreigners.

Xerophobia: Fear of dryness.

Xylophobia: 1) Fear of wooden objects. 2) Forests.

Xyrophobia: Fear of razors.

Can you even imagine what it would mean to live with any of these??? 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm. They would love on a deserted island on the beach, stay away from the trees and coconuts, wouldn't save, but if their hair and/or bead was bond wouldn't dare look at their reflection in the water. They's bury themselves in the sand if a ship approached because they wouldn't dare hide being the trees, and would be frightened to speak. A paranoid Robinson Crusoe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should be "kive" rather than "love" on that desert island.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm trying this one more time. That should be "LIVE" rather than "kive" or "love." :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...