Guess what! I've been nominated for a Liebster Award! Thank you so much Vicki Paulus, fellow blogger and breast cancer survivor, for choosing me. As fabulous as this all is, I have to admit, I'd never actually heard of the Liebster (German for favourite) award before now but it seems like a great way to get to know fellow bloggers and for them to get to know you.
The Rules are fairly simple:
1. Anyone with less than 200 followers can be nominated for The Liebster.
2. Each nominee should post eleven facts about herself or himself.
3. Each nominee should answer the eleven questions that are asked by the person doing the nominating.
4. Choose eleven new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link them in the post.
5. Create eleven new questions for your nominees.
6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated.
7. No tag backs.
And now for the fun part.....here are the nominees chosen for their thought provoking, humorous, inspiring, or creative blogs. Keep up the good work!
Here are the questions for my 11 nominees:
1. If you could experience anything again for the first time, what would it be?
2. If you could change one thing in history, what would it be?
3. How do you think the world would change from your answer to #2?
4. What's your happy song?
5. What scent are you wearing?
6. What's the most important thing you would tell your 16yo self?
7. Described your town/country in one sentence.
8. Sweet or savoury?
9. What are the five best things about women?
10. What are the five best things about men?
11. Who would play you in a movie?
These are 11 random facts about me:
1. I have a staffy named Alby.
2. I'm writing my first book.
3. My nephews bring my largest smiles and always warm my heart.
4. Travelling is firmly etched in my DNA.
5. John Gall, one of my Scottish ancestors, was sent to Australia as a convict for
stealing some cows. I'm glad it wasn't just for a loaf of bread.
6. I have the best friends and family in the world.
7. I once had a crush on a Buddhist monk.
8. I'm still adjusting to the idea that I don't have to cram a lifetime of living into a few
months after recovering from breast cancer.
9. I live near the beach. #soblessed!
10. I cannot say no to chocolate.
11. If I could meet anyone it would be the Dalai Lama.
These are the answers to the 11 questions asked of me:
1. Would you ever want to be as famous as Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson or even Justin Beiber?
I don't think so. I always remember a Buddhist monk saying once "If money made us happy, surely the more money we had, the happier we would become. I have two words for you. Brittney Spears."
2. Do you have a bucket list and if so what is #1 on the list?
Yes, I do! Many opportunities pop up on a daily basis that I think qualify for the Bucket List, but my next big ticket item is a trip to Macchu Pichu, Peru later this year. #Luckygirl.
3. If you could pick a particular time in history to live when would it be?
Better the devil you know, I think. I'd choose right now.
4. If you had to choose between beauty or brains which would it be?
Brains first, but there does have to be some chemistry and attraction for it to work!
5. Have you ever had a paranormal experience?
No, but my friend Rocky Hatley has!
6. Is writing a passion, a hobby, or how you make a living?
Currently, it is a passion.
7. Were you ever the Homecoming King/Queen?
We don't have that in Australia and I think I might be happy about that!
8. Who is your favorite author?
Mitch Albom springs to mind. He writes the way I'd like to.
9. Oprah or Ellen?
10. What kind of car do you drive and what color is it?
A black Holden Cruze.
11. Where do you live and would you change it if you could?
I live in South West Victoria, Australia, at the end of the Great Ocean Road and I wouldn't change it for the world. I'm always happy wherever I am.