About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

K Dear Rocky - Karate Kid


Dear Rocky,

Of all the relationships I could talk about within the Karate Kid, I am choosing to talk about mine.  With Ralph Macchio.

Of course I am talking about the original Karate Kid.  For me, there is no other.

In 1984, I was 12 years old and I think I fell in love for the first time.  With Daniel Larusso from the Karate Kid.

Those brown eyes.  Those blue tracksuit pants.  The soccer skills, on the field, on the beach.  The shower costume.  The black eyes and sheer defiance.  Not to mention all the waxing.... on and off....

Daniel/Ralph posters adorned my walls and my school books, feeding my daydreams about the day we would meet and he would realise that I was the only girl for him.....

I can't help it Rocky.  I give the Karate Kid a 10/10.  Thanks for the memories Ralph!

Jodie

Read Rocky's review here.




How I adored this scene where Daniel shows off his football skills!

18 comments:

  1. My crush was Elisabeth Shue! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so had a Ralph Macchio/Karate Kid poster on my wall! :)

    Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption
    Minion, Capt. Alex's Ninja Minion Army
    The 2014 Blogging from A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha me too Madeline - I'm off to catch up on your blog - love the title!

      Delete
  3. Hey...wait a minute! IIIII was going to be Mrs. Ralph Macchio! lol! I adored The Karate Kid too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, oddly enough I don't find him remotely attractive now Ava!

      Delete
  4. I like "The Karate Kid." I love the original "Rocky." Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glenda, you may have predicted our R movie!

      Delete
  5. Yes! Didn't you just ache for him with the black-eye? Carrying his pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't you just want to be in the shower (costume) with him!

      Delete
  6. That first movie was really great. The rest of them were kind of blah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from A/Z; cute theme you have going for the challenge. I did enjoy the Karate Kid; who can forget "wax on, wax off." I was a bit older than 12 when the movie came out so I thought he was just a cute kid; I was newly married so my eyes were for my hubby only :)

    Enjoy the rest of the challenge!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Up and Down Daniel son. Good review. Glad you liked my "K" aswell. What did you think of the rebboted version of the film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I just can't bring myself to see it (although I love Jackie Chan) it has a bit too much Smith about it for me....

      Delete
  9. Him and Scott Baio... oh 'The glory of love' - The original is definitely the best, but the new one is sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The song!! Yes!! Or was that Karate Kid II?

      Delete

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...