About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

#42 Annie Isobel Gall (Magill)

Dear Nan,

If we were lucky enough to still have you with us, today would have been your 100th birthday!  You looked forward to this day over my entire lifetime with you as you anticipated receiving your letter from the Queen.  How I wish you were here to share it with us.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about you.  I will always love you and I miss you more than I can try to explain with words.

This is my little tribute to the amazing lady that you were to me.  Happy 100th birthday Nan.  I was so blessed to have you as my grandmother and even more blessed to have shared the first 34 years of my life with you.

Your adoring granddaughter,

Jodie
 
Nana's Parents - Edward Margaret Magill on their Wedding Day

 
 
Nana as a baby with older sister Mary
 

 A letter from Edward to Nana in 1940
He signs "E. Magill" just as Nana always signed her letters to us "A. I. Gall."
 

 Edward Magill
 

 
Margaret Magill
 
 
Nana's 4 children including my Mum on the left
 


 
A letter from Nana to my Aunty accompanying the letters from her father.  She burnt many of her letters, cards and photos before she died.  I think that's what she is mentioning here.  Such a shame.  I'd love to have been able to read those now.

 

Nana and I on her 90th Birthday - A rare photo where she isn't telling us to get away with the camera!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...