About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

#29 Mil Gracias

I don't know what it is about 2014, but since the clock struck 12am on January 1st, I have been oozing with gratitude.  It's really cool.  Just like I have this new-found ability to appreciate, well, everything.

Tonight, for example, tired from staring at a computer all day (yet grateful for my job!), I wanted to go home and lie on my couch and watch TV.  Instead, I was grateful to have a wonderful friend come and take me and Alby (the dog), for a long walk.  I felt thankful for the fresh air and the beach and wonderful walking tracks that we have.

She then suggested we knock up some dinner, so while she went to buy some fresh fish, I raided my fridge and found the perfect ingredients for Mediterranean roast vegetables.  Perfect.  Thankful for the healthy and fresh food in my refrigerator and company for dinner.

You know that new song by Pharrell - Happy - it's from the Despicable Me 2 soundtrack - well, I challenge you NOT to be grateful for that song once you hear it.  I'm still singing it in my head.

My friend has gone home and now I'm sitting in absolute contentment, writing on my blog, full of gratitude for the avenue with which to share my thoughts.  Grateful for the company of my little dog.  Looking forward to the last day of the working week and excited to be going to the movies tomorrow night with another fabulous friend.

Do yourself a favour and ask yourself, what are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...