About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Saturday, January 4, 2014

#30 Surf To Surf baby!

It's no secret that I love to run.  Whether I'm fit and uninjured is always another story. 

I wrote in an earlier post "And Running Will Set You Free" about my goal to run a marathon that was shot down in flames when I got sick. 

My knees tell me these days that a marathon might be out of the question, but a half-marathon, one day.... who knows.

Every January we have the annual Surf to Surf Fun Run event.  There are 3km run/walk, 6km run/walk or a 10km run.  I've ticked off the 3km run and 6km walk and tomorrow am preparing for the 6km run.  I'm slow, but as me and my running buddy Jodes discovered, we can run up hills.  Thank goodness because it is one HILLY course.

I won't be alone, there'll be me and Jodes of course, plus my team mates from work - check us out in the The Standard article - and about 2000 other people.

Another item to tick off the bucket list.  Next year we'll aim for the 10km.  Should be a walk in the park!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...