About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

#38 Dear Busby Marou - an open letter

Dear Busby Marou (or may I call you Tom and Jeremy? because after last night, I feel like I've known you my whole life),

It has been a long time since I have been so moved by live music.  Out with my friends at The Loft, we joined another 150 or so people in that wonderful intimate space for what felt like the best house party of my life with 150 of my closest friends.

I confess, this was my real introduction to your music and I can honestly say, EVERY song spoke to me.  Don't be mistaken, I'm 41 years old and I have seen a lot of awesome live music, but never had anything like the experience I had last night.

Biding My Time, Water Logged ......Every one of your songs.... and I have to say, two massive highlights were Girls Just Wanna Have Fun and My Island Home (gave me chills) .... and when your manager singing Ice Ice Baby - BRILLIANT - that's when I felt like I was with family.

Great job guys.  Good luck on the rest of your tour.  Can't wait to see you next time.

Thank you.  Now I've gotta go shopping in the iTunes store....

Love your new fan,

Jodie   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...