About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Monday, December 15, 2014

#63 Working to live??? I'm trying!

Well hello there, it's been quite a while and I have to admit, I've missed blogging!

Where have I been? Where haven't I been? It's a long story and I'll be happy to share over the coming weeks. But, essentially, and unfortunately, I have fallen deeper into the trap that I promise to avoid each and every year. I have taken on too much!

Since having cancer almost 5 years ago, I've battled with the urgency of fitting every possible opportunity that comes my way into my life. I have struggled with saying no. I mean, what if there isn't that much time left and I (gasp!) miss out on something!

So, in the past six months I:
  • decided to add university lecturer to my busy schedule
  • continued to write my book
  • planned and held an amazing fundraising event (with a lot of help from my friends - I'll write about that too)
  • planned and went on a trip to Mexico, Cuba and Nicaragua
  • built a house for a Nicaraguan family
  • oh, did I mention I also had a fundraiser to raise the funds for the house!
  • and, I kept up with my usual life too!
I was exhausted. Thankfully my trip provided much needed reflection time. I've made some big decisions for next year. Scary decisions. Decisions that may impact on my financial stability, which as a single person (eeeeeekkkkk!), is really very scary. But you know what, they are decisions I needed to make for my own health and wellbeing. For my quality of life. No matter how long it is.

Wednesday morning yoga classes..... I'm coming for you!

Have any of you had to make life choices like this too? I'd love to hear how it's turned out for you.

So good to be back. Thanks for reading me.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...