Where have I been? Where haven't I been? It's a long story and I'll be happy to share over the coming weeks. But, essentially, and unfortunately, I have fallen deeper into the trap that I promise to avoid each and every year. I have taken on too much!
Since having cancer almost 5 years ago, I've battled with the urgency of fitting every possible opportunity that comes my way into my life. I have struggled with saying no. I mean, what if there isn't that much time left and I (gasp!) miss out on something!
So, in the past six months I:
- decided to add university lecturer to my busy schedule
- continued to write my book
- planned and held an amazing fundraising event (with a lot of help from my friends - I'll write about that too)
- planned and went on a trip to Mexico, Cuba and Nicaragua
- built a house for a Nicaraguan family
- oh, did I mention I also had a fundraiser to raise the funds for the house!
- and, I kept up with my usual life too!
Wednesday morning yoga classes..... I'm coming for you!
Have any of you had to make life choices like this too? I'd love to hear how it's turned out for you.
So good to be back. Thanks for reading me.