About Me

My photo
I started this blog as I entered my 40th year, and now firmly in my 40s, I continue to learn so much about life. I'm learning that life rarely goes according to plan and that there's something new to learn every single day, be it a subtle nudge or a smack in the face.... This is my blog about muddling through my 40s-working hard, writing a book, being an ammateur photographer, trying to exercise and eat well, endeavouring to be the world's best aunt, as well as having fun and laughing out loud every single day.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

#24 The Online World

A recent news story focussed on a young couple, a writer and a professor, who met online and six weeks later decided to travel overseas together for three weeks - with no luggage.

The trip, a success in more ways than one, their relationship continues to this day and they have appeared on a myriad of international television shows, been offered books deals and have received multiple offers for the movie rights.  How awesome is that!

It turns out, the young lady's sister is in my writing class.  I find myself at times intimidated by her poetry and photography - she has a way with words that I could only dream of possessing.  She's not intimidating though.  Instead, kind, empathic and so, so generous - she has offered to read my the entirety of my book and provide feedback.  That is cool!

I've actually started with friendships with a number of people I'm yet to meet.  We all share the passion of writing, but there's so much more than that.

One new friend, Rocky, has read EVERY word I've written.  Providing feedback on every single one - making my book a billion times better already.  We've exchanged gifts of books and poetry and music - introducing each other to our native countries.  Such generosity instils hope in humanity.

Another talented lady, an editor of a magazine, has embraced my friendship (and my writing).  We've shared the funniest, most intimate stories about our lives and I simply adore her.

And there are many more people in my writing class that I know share many things in common with me - things that could and hopefully will form the foundations of some wonderful friendships.

There has been nothing sinister, or weird about meeting any of these people online.  In fact, so far, it's all been good.  So good.

Speaking of writing online, I'm currently procrastinating on editing my book.  Alright, alright.  I'm going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to receive feedback, so please leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...